Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break in Southwest Florida


Right now I have a little sunburn on my arms and bug bites all over my legs, but I'm not complaining! Jake and I spent the last six days soaking up the salty air of Southwest Florida for our spring break. My family has a house on the beach, so Jake and I have been lucky enough to take ocean get-aways three years in a row now.

We lounged on a boat, hit 65 mph on jet skis, made friends with some dolphins, gorged on delicious seafood, marveled at beautiful sunsets... I didn't want those six days to end! I even got to see both of my parents and my sister, who goes to school in Florida, over break. This was the first spring break that Jake and I were 21, so my parents gave some local bar recommendations. We tried everything from tiki bars to biker bars to rowdy college hangouts, testing out the mojitos, mudslides, and strawberry daiquiris.

Spring break literally came at the perfect time. Just as I was about to go crazy with my school work and overpacked schedule, I was graciously able to drop everything and spend a week resting and recovering. I feel so much better now– although looking out my apartment window this morning at the freezing rain and slushy, muddy ground almost made me cry. 

In case you're interested, here are some of my favorite pictures of my beach vacation:

Beach sunsets are always gorgeous

Playful dolphins jumped in our boat's wake

Jake lounging on the jet ski

A popular college hangout; we parked the boat and swam to shore

The beach life: 40 beer limit

A mudslide and my first ever mojito at a tiki bar

No comments:

Post a Comment