Friday, February 27, 2015

What I'm Loving


The last week of February always drags on for me. My classes and meetings are taking over my schedule, as always, but I have lots of anticipation for my 21st birthday tomorrow and spring break the week after. Jake and I are escaping the subzero temperatures and heading to Florida!

Now, time for another weekly highlights post. I'm still trying to swing back into blogging, but I'm happy to say I hit my goal of posting three times this week.

What I'm Loving


30 Rock: Ever since Jake and I finished Arrested Development last year, we've been searching for a new TV show to watch on Netflix. This is actually a difficult task, considering I like dramas and sitcoms (The Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, Friends) and he likes crime shows or comedies that I don't find funny (The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Law and Order, The Office). We finally found 30 Rock as a happy medium. We're only halfway through the first season, but the show is funny and quirky enough to entertain us both.  

Twitter blogger chats: I recently discovered the #USBloggerChat and #lblogger chat. Twitter chats are a great way to connect with other bloggers and give your blog some well-deserved attention. Here is a list of Blogger Twitter chats, compiled by Chelsea of Chowing Down by the Bay (which, by the way, is a great blog!)

Wild Madagascar Vanilla lotion: My sister got me Wild Madagascar Vanilla lotion and body spray from Bath & Body Works for Christmas, and I'm obsessed with the scent. The lotion is also life-saving for my impeccably dry skin.

Double (or triple) dates: I'd never been on a double (let alone a triple) date before, but last weekend, Jake and I went bowling with two other couples.  Since we went with friends, the experience wasn't awkward at all and everyone had a great time!

My Favorite Links


I'm sure you've all heard about the dress that's breaking the Internet. I was at a birthday party last night and half my friends were adamant "blue and black" supporters while the other half were "white and gold" supporters. I'm personally see a weird combination of blue and gold... no matter how much I try, I can't force myself to see any white in the image! Here's the science behind the dress and why people are seeing different colors.

In other "breaking the Internet" news, have you seen the llamas that escaped in Arizona? The video is hilarious.  The llamas led police and townspeople on a wild chase for almost an hour!

Buzzfeed released a funny cartoon as tribute to both the llamas and the dress.

Now enough with the dress. This list of the best and worst dressed at the 2015 Oscars is pretty spot-on. My personal list of best dressed celebrities at the Oscars includes Jamie ChungSienna Miller, Rosamund PikeJessica Chastain, Nicole Kidman, and Oprah. (Also, Lupita Nyong'o's $150,000 white pearl dress was stolen from her hotel room!)

I made chicken pot pie soup this week, and it turned out fantastic.

Apparently Color Wow Speed Dry Blow Spray helps dry your hair in half the time. I might need to try this out.


So tell me, what color do you think the dress is? Do you have any other Netflix TV recommendations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment