Friday, February 13, 2015

What I'm Loving


College has taken control of my life. Classes, homework, extracurriculars, campus magazines, job applications, social life... I've been stretched thin over the last few weeks. I decided to start a series here on Meet Me in Midtown in order to motivate myself to post more, in spite of my hectic schedule. The series is called "What I'm Loving" and will basically showcase my favorite finds every two weeks. Let's get started...

What I'm Loving

Avocados: Of course I have to become obsessed with avocados when they aren't even in season, but the fruit really adds to a lot of my favorite dishes. I've been making guacamole and even putting avocado on grilled chicken.

Podcasts: I just discovered podcasts and I'm hooked. After a friends' recommendation, I started listening to Serial, which is a crime story told through 12 different episodes. The podcast really grabbed my attention and keeps me entertain during my brutal walk to class, which leaves me to...

Snow (kind of): Living in Central New York has its downfalls, like today's predicted temperature of -22 degrees Fahrenheit. Brrr. My legs get numb just walking to class. However, if it's going to be -22 degrees, there might as well be a pretty layer of snow on the ground, right?

Chunky scarfs: Chunky scarfs are functional in Syracuse's freezing temperatures but they also look cute with a sweater and jeans or leggings.

Valentine's Day: Jake and I are going to the Cheesecake Factory!

Here are some links from around the web:


My Favorite Links:

I'm making this Philly Cheese Steak recipe for dinner tonight.

Not all advertisements are evil. These are some of the most powerful I've seen. 

Love this black and brown purse from Tignanello.

An interesting and well-written article from The New Yorker about life in the nineties.

Have you seen pictures of the Kanye West x adidas fashion show? Or Anna Wintour's reaction to a crying North West?

I need a good pair of snow boots, like these from the North Face

A dupe for Panera mac n' cheese? Yes, please!


Have a great weekend and a nice Valentine's Day, filled with chocolate and love!


No comments:

Post a Comment