Tuesday, June 30, 2015

NYC Weekly Highlights: Family Weekend

Every time I plan on blogging more frequently, my busy life inevitably gets in the way. I've learned that posting quality content while working a full time job is nearly impossible, especially when you have visitors on the weekends. But I'm definitely not complaining! I'm having such an amazing time in New York City this summer and my internship at Martha Stewart Weddings couldn't be better! I'm writing a lot, which I love, but I also get to do fun stuff like go to photo shoots and make wedding favors. I even helped out at a wedding this past weekend!

Now onto my next NYC roundup. My parents and younger brother came to visit me recently (my sister was working), and the two-and-a-half days were full of fun events and activities. We ate at great restaurants, drank delicious beverages, walked around Central Park, and even saw the Book of Mormon on Broadway. The show was hilarious and had everyone in my family cracking up. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comedy – as long as you don't get offended easily!

Here is my weekend in pictures:

While my dad and brother were at a Yankees game, my mom and I hit up Luzzo's in the East Village for some wine and drool-worthy pizza. The pizza gets a solid five stars – especially the hearty salami and fresh mozzarella!

I showed my family some of Central Park's major sights, including Belvedere Castle.



My parents went to the Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden on Saturday. I would be jealous if I hadn't seen Billy in Syracuse this spring! While they were rocking out to Piano Man, I took my brother to Guy Fieri's restaurant in Times Square, called Guy's American Kitchen and Bar.  I got a chicken caesar salad and my brother got a bacon mac n' cheeseburger. He was practically drooling over the massive burger (pictured above) and said it was the best burger he's ever had! We also visited Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum –also at my brother's request – and had loads of fun checking out the exhibits.

We saw a 2 p.m. matinee showing of The Book of Mormon at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre. The show was hilariously amazing! I couldn't get the catchy tunes out of my head afterwards and my family kept joking about the funny scenes.

We ended the night, which happened to be Father's Day, with a nice meal at Benjamin's Steakhouse. I was treated to lobster bisque, a big ribeye steak, french fries, onion rings, and wine. Afterwards, I could barely move because I was so full! Benjamin's is the best steakhouse I've every been to, albeit an expensive one. The steaks were huge and perfectly cooked! 

I love having visitors in the city because it gives me an excuse to try new food and sightsee. My next visitor is my boyfriend, who is coming for Fourth of July weekend! Stay tuned for a post on our adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment