Thursday, March 24, 2016

Gramma Dots on Sanibel Island


I absolutely love food, so it's nearly impossible for me to choose a favorite dish. But if I were ever placed in a scenario where I had to pick my number one meal, the fried oyster Caesar salad from Gramma Dot's might be the winner.

Gramma Dot's is a quaint restaurant located on the Sanibel Island seaside. My family has a house across the water in Ft. Myers Beach, so we often take our boat to Gramma Dot's for lunch. The menu contains typical beach-y fare: fresh fish, shrimp, and sandwiches. You can also order a "Your Choice" Caesar salad with chicken, shrimp, grouper, or fried oysters.


Let me tell you, nothing beats the fried oyster Caesar salad. The oysters are cooked to perfection – crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside. They pare exceptionally well with the creamy Caesar dressing and crisp lettuce. I ordered this meal during my first visit at Gramma Dot's, and I've never strayed from it during subsequent visits. Then again, when you combine two of my favorite things (fried food and seafood) and place the result on a bed of lettuce, I'm pretty much guaranteed to fall in love.


The other food as Gramma Dot's doesn't disappoint, either. I especially enjoy the crab leg appetizer and homemade potato chips. My mom sticks with the fried grouper Casear salad, while my boyfriend usually order the Cajun grouper. Both options are extremely tasty, but I'm too devoted to my fried oyster salad to order anything new.

I highly recommend Gramma Dot's, if you're ever in Sanibel Island. I guarantee that my family will return to this gem over and over again.

Tell me: what's your favorite seafood dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment