Sunday, March 6, 2016

DIY Wine Cork Poster


When my mom needed a wall decoration for our basement bar, we went right to Pinterest for some DIY inspiration. We wanted to find a crafty way to turn my parent's wine cork collection into a piece of art. I was shocked at how many cute ideas I found! Apparently you can make anything from dart boards to picture frames out of old wine corks.

After some perusing on Pinterest, we decided to make a poster that depicted wine corks falling out of wine glasses (we got the inspiration here). We loved the final results, so I thought I'd share the DIY project on my blog.


Materials:
  • Wine corks (my parents had been collecting these for years)
  • Poster board 
  • Frame
  • Hot glue gun
  • Wine glasses (we bought plastic ones at the Dollar Store) Instructions:
To make the craft, we simply glued the wine glasses and the corks onto the poster board. The wine corks appear to "fall" out of the glasses and onto the board, making a 2-by-2 pattern as they reach the bottom of the frame. The craft took roughly three hours to complete, and it was free since we used materials that we already owned.

I'm very pleased with the final product since it adds lots of character and charm to our bar. This goes to show that DIY products can be just as good (if not better) than artwork bought from a store. All you need is a little work and a lot of creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment