Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bloggers With Class Award

I'd like to thank Ellen from A Pop of Pink for nominating me for the Bloggers With Class Award! Ellen is a fashion and lifestyle blogger with great personal style and inspiring outfit ideas, so I highly recommend checking out her blog. You can also visit the Bloggers With Class community on their Google+ page





Rules:
  • If tagged, please copy the rules into your post
  • Please also link back to this post on Classy Cathleen
  • Recognize the blogger that tagged you (share a little about them and their blog, and link back to them)
  • Answer the questions that are a part of the award
  • Tag 5 bloggers that you feel are classy to receive the award as well
  • Let the bloggers know that they have been tagged!
  • Be sure to include the link to the Bloggers With Class community (And don’t forget to join!)
  • Include the image in your post
Questions:


What do you think it means to be classy? 
Being classy means putting effort into yourself and your activities in order to thrive. Classy girls don't settle, but rather work hard for what they want. They aren't afraid to express their thoughts and show off their personalities. 

Who are some of your role models? 
I admire the editor of the magazine I interned at this past summer. She had a vision for the magazine and stuck with it, even though her idea made some people unhappy along the way, and the result was spectacular. The editor showed me that the right things isn't always the easiest thing, and you have to be willing to stick with your own ideas no matter the consequence. Holding your head high in tough situations embodies class to me. In my personal life, my parents have always been great role models. My mom is my biggest supporter, and she does all she can to help me achieve my dreams. I also see the importance of hard work and discipline firsthand through my dad. He made career goals for himself at a young age and managed to accomplish those goals, and more, with his business-savvy mind and drive to succeed. He's not afraid to speak his mind and make risky decisions, and I admire him for that. 

Who are some of your style icons? 
Kerry Washington has been one of my style icons this year. Not only is she absolutely beautiful, she always dresses flawlessly. All of her outfits, especially her formal dresses, are classy and flattering without being too sexy. I'm also a fan of Kate Middleton's timeless style, as well as the styles of Blake Lively and Lauren Conrad.

Pearls or bows? 
I don't wear either, but I love bow details on my clothing!

Who/What inspires you? 
I am always inspired by other bloggers for their creative blog post ideas, impressive photography, or flawless writing. Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere is a one of the most inspirational bloggers to me. She started Cupcakes and Cashmere as a hobby but jumped on her success and made a brand for herself, complete with books and a clothing line. Her blog has its own personal voice, and I can't even fathom how she brainstorms so many great new ideas for blog posts every week. I also get inspired by anybody who isn't afraid to put themselves out there and ask for what they want. 

What is your favorite color? 
It's a tie between muted purple and baby blue. Very specific, I know!

Do you like the classy style? What are some of your favorite pieces/trends of the style? 
When I think of classy style, I think of timeless and elegant clothing that survives through generations. I think of the sleek dresses and put-together outfits worn by Kate Middleton and Aubrey Hepburn.These women always look flawless and confident. I love the classy style and tend to gravitate toward classy pieces for my own wardrobe. 

What are some of your favorite quotes? 
  • "Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway." -Eleanor Roosevelt ... This quote reminds me to trust my instinct and be confident in my decisions.
  • "If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou... Again, being yourself is extremely important to happiness and success.   
Why is it important to have class? 
A classy girl is a confident girl. If you respect yourself and have faith in your thoughts and actions, others will have faith in you. Present yourself in a way that makes others eager to be around you.

Why did you start your blog? When did you start your blog? I
I started my blog in June 2014! I was interning in New York City for the summer and am preparing to study abroad this fall, and I wanted a way to document my experiences. Writing has always been a hobby of mine, and being a journalism major, I wanted a creative outlet to practice my writing and develop a voice. 

I nominate:
1. Arianne from Ayre
2. Sarah from Tulle and Trinkets
3. Gabriela from Gab Sessions
4. Mary from Crazy in Life
5. Michaela from Monogrammed Midwesterner

I love telling a little more about myself with posts like this. If you want to read more, you can check out my Liebster Award post. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment