Thursday, July 24, 2014

Random Facts About Me (Liebster Award)

Ever since starting a blog, I'm learning how kind and welcoming the blogging community is. I've seen the Liebster Award traveling around, and I was excited to find out that I was nominated! A big thanks to Mary from Crazy in Life for the nomination.

For anyone who doesn't know, the Liebster Award is basically a way to help new bloggers (me, me, me!) get recognized. I love the idea of helping other bloggers, so I decided to do the Liebster Award today!

Rules:

1. Post eleven facts about yourself
2. Answer the eleven questions provided by the person who nominated you, and then create an eleven-question set for the next group of nominees
3. Choose eleven people to nominate and link them in the post
4. Let your nominees know they've been tagged- and no tag-backs!
5. Nominate blogs under 200 followers

Heidelberg Castle (Schloss Heidelberg) in Germany, 2012

Eleven Facts About Me:
1. Watching TV shows on Netflix is one of my favorite downtime activities, but it takes me a questionably long time to get through a series. I'm not one to binge-watch, and I typically only watch one or two episodes at a time.

2. I love food, and I'm constantly trying new and exotic foods. I can thank my dad's world travels for that. However, I absolutely can't stand scrambled eggs. I'm fine with hard-boiled, poached, or over-easy, but something about scrambled eggs makes my stomach churn.

3. I love traveling to different counties, and I wanted to be a travel journalist at one point. I've been to Germany, France, Austria, Luxembourg, Mexico, Canada, the Cayman Islands, Belize, Honduras, the Bahamas, and Jamaica (thanks to a few Carribbean cruises).

4. I'm studying abroad in Berlin next semester!

5. I'm a pretty anxious person, and my anxiety usually comes on during stressful times in my life.

6. I'm allergic to cats, some dogs, horses, and chinchillas.

7. I found NYC too overwhelming the first time I came here, but now I love it!

8. Coffee is a much over-exposed topic in blog world, but I am in love with it like everyone else. Give me an (iced) coffee with milk or cream, and I'm set for the morning.

9. My boyfriend and I were on the "kiss cam" at a Syracuse University football game. That's actually how our friends found out we were dating.

10. I've had a red birthmark next to my eye since I was born, and I constantly get asked if I was punched in the face. Thank goodness for concealer.

11. I used to live two minutes away from Eminem (the rapper) in Michigan, although I've never actually seen him.

Messing around with a spider monkey in the jungles of beautiful Honduras
Mary's Questions
1. What is your favorite book?
"The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd

2. How do you capture memories?
By taking pictures! I have literally over 2,000 pictures on my iPhone.

3. Rain or snow?
I've spent the past two winters in Syracuse, where the snow falls two feet at a time and is accompanied by freezing temperatures (it got to -40 degrees F last year). So I'm going with rain.

4. Who would you choose to celebrate your birthday with?
My family, my boyfriend, and a few of my close friends.

5. Tea/water/juice/coffee?
Coffee is always a necessity, but I usually drink water throughout the day.

6. Favorite hairstyle?
I like curling my hair, but I typically run out of time and wear it straight.

7. Your favorite TV show?
Hmmm. Vampire Diaries.

8. What is the first thing that pops into your head?
I really want to make some waffles!

9. One place you want to visit the most
Italy! I want to visit Florence, Rome and Vienna.

10. You have $1,000. What do you do with it?
Have fun in NYC! See a Broadway show, go shopping, eat the expensive restaurants...

11. Are you afraid of thunderstorms?
It depends. I find thunderstorms relaxing a lot of the time, but I get scared if the storm is huge. Or if I'm driving in a bus down the highway during a tornado warning... bad memories.

An official "post-kiss cam" photo (yes, we're painted orange for the Syracuse Orange!)
My Questions
1. If you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do?
2. Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram?
3. If you could wear only one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4. What is something quirky about yourself?
5. What is your favorite season?
6. If you could meet any three people (dead or alive, famous or not), who would you meet?
7. What is your favorite dessert?
8. You have a free plane ticket to anywhere in the world! Where would you visit?
9. Would you rather be a famous actor, singer, or dancer?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. If you could travel in time, would would you like to see?

Finally, I Nominate...
1. Caitlin from A Wondering Wallflower
2. Amber from The London Proper
3. Laura from Simply Easier Living
4. Dani from The Postcard Journals 
5. Ellen from A Pop of Pink
6. Natt from itsnatt
7. Maria from From Metro Cards to Meal Plans

Keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment