Friday, July 4, 2014

Weekly Highlights

I spent this past weekend exploring New York City. In a failed attempt to find a quiet place to read a book, I visited Washington Square Park, Madison Square Park, Bryant Park, and Central Park. Each had its own charm, but the sweltering heat and crowds of people were a bit of a turn off. I went shopping in SoHo as well, which is extremely beautiful and extremely expensive. I found my mom a nice birthday present though!

I also stumbled upon the NYC Pride March when shopping near the Flatiron building (23rd Street and Fifth Avenue). I hung around to watch for a while, and I was amazed by the energy and happiness of everyone participating. The supporting and loving environment is definitely something to be inspired by.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! I'll be spending mine relaxing with my family in Florida.

The ever-crowded streets of SoHo

A picturesque bridge in Central Park

I stumbled across a street festival near Washington Square Park


The Flatiron building near 23rd Street

A scene straight from Home Alone

Fruit, yogurt, and granola make a satisfying breakfast

8 comments:

  1. Good post!
    I hope to one day visit New York Xx
    http://louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely try visiting New York someday :)

      Delete
  2. Oh New York! One of the cities on my must visit list! That pic is indeed just like from Home Alone, made me giggle.

    http://girlbehindthecover.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go to New York, omg hope I will in the future.
    I love your blog! I'm gonna follow it, because I want to be prepared for when I come to NYC :)

    Mary

    P.S. If you want to, you can check out my blog http://crazyinlife1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just checked out your blog and I love the photography, so I'm going to follow you as well!

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos :) I would love to visit NYC someday xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos xx
    Have a nice day :)

    ~~
    My blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the photos on your blog too :)

      Delete