Friday, July 4, 2014

Weekly Highlights

I spent this past weekend exploring New York City. In a failed attempt to find a quiet place to read a book, I visited Washington Square Park, Madison Square Park, Bryant Park, and Central Park. Each had its own charm, but the sweltering heat and crowds of people were a bit of a turn off. I went shopping in SoHo as well, which is extremely beautiful and extremely expensive. I found my mom a nice birthday present though!

I also stumbled upon the NYC Pride March when shopping near the Flatiron building (23rd Street and Fifth Avenue). I hung around to watch for a while, and I was amazed by the energy and happiness of everyone participating. The supporting and loving environment is definitely something to be inspired by.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! I'll be spending mine relaxing with my family in Florida.

The ever-crowded streets of SoHo

A picturesque bridge in Central Park

I stumbled across a street festival near Washington Square Park


The Flatiron building near 23rd Street

A scene straight from Home Alone

Fruit, yogurt, and granola make a satisfying breakfast