Friday, August 14, 2015

Life Update: Saying Goodbye to NYC

Right now, a few suitcases stuffed with my belongings litter the floor of my tiny shoebox-sized dorm room in New York City. I can’t walk to adjust the A/C without tripping over some miscellaneous belonging that can’t fit, no matter how much weight I put on top of the bag. 

After spending the summer in New York City for an internship, I’m counting down the hours until I head back home to Ohio for two weeks before my last semester at Syracuse. The thought of leaving NYC brings up all kinds of thoughts and emotions.

  1. I’m about to start my last semester of college (I’m graduating a semester early). I’ll be an alumnus in five months. I don’t quite know how I feel about this.
  2. My boyfriend, who I met the first weekend of freshman year, has an internship during fall semester, so I’m facing my final semester without him there with me.
  3. Swapping bustling, exciting New York City for smaller Syracuse will be a challenge.
  4. I don’t know where I’ll end up after college. The goal is to work for a magazine in NYC, but that involves applying to jobs. Then getting hired.  And finding a place to live with rent that won’t eat up the majority of my paycheck.
  5.  
But I can’t dwell on the future too much yet. I had an unforgettable summer in New York City and I’m so grateful for the memories I made. I’m also eager to get back to my school, see my friends, and take my last classes as an undergrad. 

I’ll definitely document my journeys along the way, but my posts about New York City won’t come to a halt. I’m expecting my life to be much slower-paced once I head back to school, so I’ve stocked up some NYC restaurant/ travel/ lifestyle post ideas to keep me going for a while. I'll also post more about locations/restaurants outside of NYC, and try to incorporate more "college life" topics into my articles. 

Now bring on second semester of senior year!

No comments:

Post a Comment