Monday, September 7, 2015

6 Nonfiction Books I Want to Read

When it comes to choosing books to read, I'm usually drawn to fiction novels involving fantasy, dystopian worlds, and romance. However, I want to expand my reading choices and incorporate more non-fiction works into my book diet. Last week I talked about six fiction novels on my "to read" list. Now I'm back with 6 non-fiction books I want to read. As always, let me know if you have any opinions or recommendations for additional selections!

Thrive by Arianna Huffington
Arianna Huffington, the founder and editor-in-chief of the Huffington Post, talks about the balance of happiness and success in this novel. I think it would be great to read before entering the workforce. 

Bossypants by Tina Fey
Tina Fey is hilarious, and I heard many great things about this autobiography/comedy.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler 
I don't really follow Amy Poehler's work, but I've been seeing this comedic book everywhere lately. I want to give it a try!

On Writing by Stephen King
Stephen King is well known as one of the best and most popular authors today. In this book, he spills about his writing career and gives advice on the trade. As an aspiring writer, I'd call this a "must read" book!

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris 
I fell in love with David Sedaris' hilarious and witty work after reading a few of his essays in a journalism class. I feel like this essay collection would be inspiring, entertaining, and so funny that I'll probably laugh at loud. 

I also admire the descriptive and well-crafted writing of David Foster Wallace, so I've been meaning to check out his collection of essays, too.

All photos from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment